Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Triplets!!!


We found out using a home pregnancy test that we were pregnant on Mother's Day, May 9th. Kip and I were extremely excited because we had be trying for some time. I called my doctor and set up an appointment to confirm the pregnancy on June 6th. At the visit, the exam went well and my samples looked good. Then we were off to ultrasound. We were all set up and the tech said "There we go...and it looks like there are three of them." Kip and I started rolling with laughter. The tech was very interested in our reaction and said, "Well, you are taking this news very well." I explained that we weren't surprised that it was triplets. This is why.....

In July 2009, I went with my family to New Orleans. It was a very fun trip. We saw some gorgeous plantations and visited the city. While in the square, mom and I decided to get our fortunes told. There was a lady set up on the corner reading tarrot cards. Her card table and beach chair with umbrella, made her look very professional. She explained that she could tell you about your past, present or future. I of course chose my future. She gave me the usual information about Kip being my soulmate, us never having to really worry about money, and that we will be very happy. Then she said, "In August you will have some legal issues." This information interested me. I am not the kind of person to get into trouble. She then said that I will start having children in a year and a half. She took my hand and turned it to the outside and said, "You will have three children, right on top of each other."

Now back to the ultrasound. Kip, knowing what the fortune teller had told me, had been teasing me about having triplets since we found out we were pregnant in May. The legal issues in August of 2009 came true, so why not this. Let's just hope the happy, healthy, and fincial security come true too.

Today we went in for our 12 week ultrasound to check on the babies. They did some testing to look for genetic abnormalities. Everything came back great. They are all healthy! They are moving and waving. When they are laying there they put their hands up by their heads. They are all the same exact size and their heartbeats were 160, 161, and 162.

We are very blessed and are looking forward to sharing as many of these moments with all of you! Keep us in your thoughts and prayers because triplet pregnancies are high risk. We are staying very positive and are ready to embark on our journey to being parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment