Friday, September 17, 2010

Baby Names

Many people have asked how we came up with the babies' names. So I thought I would take a minute to explain their origins.
The babies names are:
Dorothy Kayden Kite
Bradley Kasen Kite
Kamden Bee Kite
The babies K-name are names that Kip and I came up with. Kayden and Kamden were in my journal from the year 2000 when Kip and I started dated. Yes, I wrote a list of our possible baby names even way back then. They were also accompanied by a lot of signature practice of Katie Kite. Don't laugh we all did it at some point. Kip came up with the name Kasen after much debate over the possible use of the name Jim Bob Kooter (Over my dead body.)
The other names come from family. We thought it was very important for them to know where they came from and to know that they will always have family that loves them. Dorothy was my maternal grandmother's name. She passed away in 2006 and we were very close. I don't know how many times I called her when I was in the grocery store looking for something from one of her recipes. Or the many walks Kloe and I took to her house just to sit around for hours and talk, while she fed Kloe cans of tuna (Kloe loves tuna.) we hope that Kayden gets her great grandmother's kindness and loving spirit.
Bradley comes from Kip. Kip is so excited to have his boys. Don't get me wrong he wasn't upset when we thought they were all girls, but he was elated when he found out that he had boys. Hopefully they will take after their father and be easy going. I also hope they will enjoy hunting and fishing because their dad is so ready for them to get started.
Bee is after Kip's paternal grandfather. Kip is extremely close to his papaw. They talk on the phone at least every other day. They can talk for hours about hunting, fishing, and the Reds. On many occasions they have talked on the phone while watching the Reds game, so that they can review every play and call with each other. I guess my boys better be ready to be baseball fans too. I hope the boys get their papaw's sense of humor.
So there you have it. This is where the babies names come from. I can't wait till they get here so we can see what attributes they have from all of our family members.

No comments:

Post a Comment